Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: Staff Research Associate III
Department: Biochemistry & Biophysics
Location: Mission Bay
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: 40 hours per week
Requisition #: 47177BR
The purpose of the Staff Research Associate III (SRA III) position is to assist in research projects within the Lab. The SRA III will help in all aspects of cell culture and sample testing, including sequencing, molecular biology, PCR, cloning, microscopy, and protein expression. Important requirements for this position include a background in a variety of molecular biology techniques.
BIOCHEMISTRY & BIOPHYSICS
The Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics is a large teaching and research department within the School of Medicine, and is comprised of 27 primary faculty, 25 joint faculty, 58 non-faculty academic staff, 85 postdoctoral fellows, about 120 graduate students, and 100 non-academic staff.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS degree in Engineering / BioEngineering or related science and two or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas; or an equivalent and knowledge or experience with biochemistry laboratory settings
• Creative thinking and problem-solving, exceptional organizational skills, a strong work ethic, careful attention to detail
• Proficiency at team work and ability to interface with multiple researchers to collaborate on various aspects of the project
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required. Effective March 13, 2017, all final candidate(s) for employment are required to undergo a background check.
• Knowledge of biology
• Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Experience with laboratory equipment and safety protocols
In order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.
To submit your resume: click link below
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 47177BR Please note ad code ICRL/ # 47177BR in the ad code field in your applicant profile.
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Apply here!